Monday, November 15, 2010

Tour Record (3) - 13-NOV/2010

Blackpool @ The Blue Room

Setlist: For Us For Me / Teenage Eyes / There’s Still Room For Love / I Am Home

Is the first offence the worst offence?
One-way systems and 100 mile an hour winds wrecking the town – though we only had to deal with one of the two directly.

Slightly more bruised after tonight – the Blue Room being the venue that Jimi Hendrix was once thrown out of for being too high.
For all our mistakes we still claimed a victory. For the half hour we wrestled with our music, as if trying to reign in a mad horse – sound erupted and gargled and wailed and screeched and buzzed (we’re doing acoustic shows?) - None of this in a positive sense, some gigs are just like this.

But…

…by the end we raised our bloodied fists and fractured loop pedals and voiced a dry scratchy throated sigh to a venue full of 2am license frequenters; a mixture of relief and gratitude to the listening police.

After an odd There’s Still Room For Love, the crowd whistled and whooped and I said (with a slight smile on my face) “Don’t clap, that was fucking awful…” because it was a shambles, BUT I guess what I meant to say was that I didn’t feel like we deserved an applause but words are seldom found when you need them most.

Phil – sound tech – was the best 'before, between and after band DJ'. EVER. Tune after tune after tune after tune after tune.

As Jo (Merch Girl) lovingly summed up; bad gig, great night.

I Am Home (from this very gig)



Love you, but not in love with you, but love you

3LX

1 comment:

babz said...

Well I am in love with 'I Am Home' especially the second half of the song!
They must be spending all their money on the illuminations in Blackpool judging by the lack of light in the venue ;-)